RE: Quick Data Connectors

To: "'Russel Mack'" <rtmack@concentric.net>, "'DrMayf'"
Subject: RE: Quick Data Connectors
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:11:09 -0500
Russ, mayf;

One data point that is easy to generate is to make up an ice water bath for
a zero degree (Celcius) calibration. In a beaker or glass jar, put in a big
handful of crushed ice and then add enough cold water to cover the ice. Stir
the whole thing constantly and after 5 minutes or so, drop the thermocouple
into the ice bath and allow it enough time to stabilize (when its temp
reading stops drifting). The key to getting a good calibration is to use
pure water (distilled is best) and do NOT stop stirring, especially when the
thermocouple is in the bath.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ