Re: CB Radio

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: CB Radio
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
The one I got is a Motorola "Emergency" CB Radio. It is a hand-held brick, but
uses power from the cigarette lighter, and has a magnetic roof antenna.  I
guess it would be better than the totally hand-held that i was talking about.
I was looking for a plain hand-held, when I ran across this one.  I guess I
just lucked out.
Dick j

Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net> wrote:
The only problem with the hand held is they don't transmit and recieve as
good as a CB with a roof antenna. A have an adapter for the mag antenna as
well (for my handheld)so that works pretty good. The little whip antennas
when laying on a dash board 5 or 6 miles down course might be able to
recieve under some conditions but they do transmit back to the tower. We
have this issue come up every year, the other problem is the battries don't
last, so you need another 12 vdc adapter for the lighter socket.

Glen