Re: CB Radio

To: "Elon" <netstuff@attbi.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CB Radio
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 12:30:40 -0400
At 05:23 PM 3/16/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Since a CB is required in all push vehicles, and I know zero about the
>hardware, could y'all offer some advice like brand name and cost range.  Any
>features (specifically useful for LSR) would be great to know about.  I have
>seen some CBs hooked to a loudspeaker in some pits but don't have a clue as to
>how to accomplish that.  Thanks to all,  -Elon

 anyone looking for a CB for their tow/crew vehicle,  the "Pilot"
truck stop chain of stores has a sale on right now , until the end of the month
of June.  on a compact Cobra 40 ch  CB radio.   Cobra  19DXIII
Sale price of $39.00 with a mailin rebate of $10.00. making your final
cost of $29.00 + tax...  (normal price is $49.00)

This is a nice compact little radio  perfect for small cars or trucks
easy to install and stay out of the way.. its small enough that you could
just lay it on the dash of the push truck, or put it in the trunk
when you don,t need it...
 still need to get an antenna, ( I use a mag mount from Radio Shack)

much better than trying to find one at a yard sale, hoping that it
works..   :-)

                      John