Re: CB Radio

To: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>, Elon
Subject: Re: CB Radio
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
I had four CBs, but after wrestling with temporary hookups, antennae, speakers,
etc(I didn't want it permanently installed), I finally went to Radio Shack and
bouth a hand held CB.  Best thing I ever did.  Not only set it on the dash,
carry it out to the awning during the races and you can hear everything. Don't
get the very cheapest.  About $140 should get you a decent hand-held.
Dick J

John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
At 05:23 PM 3/16/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Since a CB is required in all push vehicles, and I know zero about the
>hardware, could y'all offer some advice like brand name and cost range. Any
>features (specifically useful for LSR) would be great to know about. I have
>seen some CBs hooked to a loudspeaker in some pits but don't have a clue as to
>how to accomplish that. Thanks to all, -Elon

anyone looking for a CB for their tow/crew vehicle, the "Pilot"
truck stop chain of stores has a sale on right now , until the end of the month
of June. on a compact Cobra 40 ch CB radio. Cobra 19DXIII
Sale price of $39.00 with a mailin rebate of $10.00. making your final
cost of $29.00 + tax... (normal price is $49.00)

This is a nice compact little radio perfect for small cars or trucks
easy to install and stay out of the way.. its small enough that you could
just lay it on the dash of the push truck, or put it in the trunk
when you don,t need it...
still need to get an antenna, ( I use a mag mount from Radio Shack)

much better than trying to find one at a yard sale, hoping that it
works.. :-)

John