CB Radio

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: CB Radio
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:09:10 -0700
I, like Glen knows how important a your CB is.  Especially when you hear Glen
say "JD your not going to believe this, car 292 in the quarter @ 200."  For
some unknown reason I have found that the older 23 channel unit are great for
what we do...I have listened to Glen in the tower as I was leaving town with
my old Cobra.$5.00 at a swap meet....I just bought a Uniden on E-bay for $15
it's original cost was $189.00 when new.  I mounted it on the door of my race
car trailer using a K 50 antenna it reached over 8 miles when I connected it.
It will be on during the whole week in our pits....I use one of the those
$15.00 solar battery chargers mounted on the trailer tongue. For a hand held
always get a 12v plug in cord to the car.  Good Luck all       J.D.