Re: Weight and Balance stuff again

To: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weight and Balance stuff again
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:27:18 -0700 (PDT)
John
I agree rear engine cars tend to be tail heavy and can be problematic..mid
engine improves that greatly. That is probably the ultimate for low moment
since the heavy components are in the middle of the car.  That works really
well for road raceing and other events where turning quickly and under control
are important. We are trying to go in a straight line.... it seems to me that a
high moment would be an advantage.

     Glenn

John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com> wrote:
Glenn, I would think that the farther away you place
weight from the intersection of CG and CA, the more
difficult it will be to control or change direction of
that weight. I believe this was always an issue with
rear engined cars. Put the weight in front of the axle
(mid-engine) and weight transfer is a bit easier to
control and swapping the tail with the nose, not so
problematic.

John