Re: Re: Weight and Balance stuff again

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: Weight and Balance stuff again
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
I think you have hit the nail on the head. A high moment of inertia ( about the
vertical axis) would slow the reaction to forces that would cause a spin but
once the spin starts it would be harder for the force of the tires (which is
all you got) to correct or stop the spin. Which is worse??????
 Maybe the slower rate of rotation would make the beginning of a spin harder to
recognize, delaying the correction which may be worse than a car that is
"twitchy" but you can tell instantly what it is trying to do. I wish I could
remember where I read that stuff about moment of inertia (it was years ago).

     Glenn

Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com> wrote:
Glenn & John

My guess would be while it might be harder to get out of shape--it would be
harder to "catch and stop" the rotating .

John what % weight dist. front & rear did you shoot for with you Lakester?
wmts