rule changes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: rule changes
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:46:45 +1000
G'day
Im just back from a DLRA meeting , as you may know we use the SCTA rules in
full with a few exceptions and a few added Aussie rules I am tring to have
the rules for partial streamlineing for motorcycles reviewed/ changed to
allow the streamlinging at the rear of sit on m/c's to extend beyond the
rear of the tyre and to encompass the enclosure of the rear wheel and tyre
as well , I believe this change would allow for greater speeds with less HP
in this type of vehicle , has anyone canvassed this sort of change over
there  ? and if so why has it not been successful ? why I ask is that the
commitee in Aus  appears to follow the rulings of the SCTA and are
infulenced by the SCTA can anyone put forward a reason why this sort of
change should be rejected ? I have some pictures of land speed attempts made
by NSU in the 50"s  the 500cc NSU was the first bike to exceed 200mph with a
relativily small amount of HP but the aerodynamics were excellent ,why was
this type of streamlinging dissallowed ??
Gary