RE: rule changes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: rule changes
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:02:06 -0600
Hey Russ. I ran MPS (or tried to) because I had an aftermarket (Yoshimura)
exhaust and an aftermarket (double bubble) windshield. If I put the stock
exhaust and windshield back on, and run production, I should not have a
problem. I will loose 6-10 HP which will probably drop my TS by a couple
mph. That's strange since a person can change pistons and camshaft and run
in the production engine class. Anyway...
I bolted number plates onto my seat tiedowns which according to the MPS
rules were too far to the rear. Link to picture:
http://www.landracing.com/phpPhotoAlbum/show.php?id=113
This year I will use electrical tape on the fairing. I just hate to mess up
such a fantastic color scheme. Presentation is almost as important as the
ET? No?

Jim