Re: Traction Control

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 07:22:22 -0400
  I can (and so can anyone else) get a TC device for $2500 that you most
likely won't find unless you have very sophisticated equipment. And for
$5,000+ you can get one that CAN'T be found. At least SCCA, NHRA, IHRA &
NASCAR haven't found it yet. And its been there for several years now.
    I have plenty of other problems (like just getting the car together) so
don't worry I won't be sporting any TC devices, and for two reasons. First
and for most, its' against our current (SCTA/BNI  & USFRA) rules. I may not
like the rules, and with TC I don't really care, but I will always play by
the rules. Second is cost, I just don't have an extra $5,000 laying around
for the TC, but some racers do. It may be out there at Speed Week 2003! No
one will ever know.
    Now if the manufactures didn't have to make it undetectable perhaps it
would only cost about $500 or less. That we could all afford. All I want is
an even playing field, which SCTA is trying to achieve I believe, but it
needs to be realistic. Heck, there is TC now that works with Magnetos and
points ignition.

    JB, #79, D/GCC