Re: Traction Control

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 08:11:07 -0400
All the groups in the alphabet soup of racing are spectator and sponsor driven.
They are putting on a show. It is entertainment more anything else. It might be
one step above pro wrestling and the WWF what ever that is all about. I thought
we are racing for the pure joy of it all and not to appease a sponsor or TV
network or a sanctioning bodies need to market the entertainment. The other guys
are selling the race as a show, it has nothing to do with how fast the car will
go by any stretch of the imagination... Why do we need to get bogged down with
that mindset.. Come on guys it is the mecca of straight line speed not Chevy vs
Ford on a sunday afternoon so Bud can sell more beer instead of Miller getting
your money or Home Depot can get you buy some boards from them instead of
Lowe's. Hello it is an advertising vehicle.... Just as it is for Moroso Msd and
all the others..
What the heck does LSR have to do with all that nonsense????
If all you do is control engine power output where is the real threat there or
safety concern. Keep in mind all you can do is subtract power you can't add it
over what the engine had already. It is a rev limiter or timing control to
detune the engine, not to apply brakes or upset the car in anyway..
Dave