Re: Traction Control

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 09:50:43 -0700
Dave,

I believe that you miss the point here, and with many of your other
discussions about the rules. SCTA/BNI has always had two major concerns
in rule making. #1 is safety, #2 is keeping this an amateur sport that
is fair and as affordable as possible.

The more automation that appears, the more expensive it gets. Then,
"deep pockets" have an unfair advantage. For instance, electronic fuel
injection costs very little more than my present setup, but the dyno
time to properly dial it in is above many participant's budget.

I will always cheer on ingenuity and I admire the diversity that we have
in concepts and automobiles that we see on the Salt. I would prefer to
see us continue to favor the low budget guy, where ideas and concepts,
not pocket books, compete.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC