Re: Traction Control

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 14:03:20 -0400
Tom with all due respect in racing the complexity and costs of things always get
larger never smaller. It is almost impossible to stifle innovation. Sometimes
rules that are very restrictive end up increasing costs rather than reduce them.
Do you disagree that a set of tires blistered beyond use is a larger expense
than an addition few hundred dollars in engine controls? Last i knew it was
pretty common to spend 6 to 7 hundred for a pair of rear tires that are purpose
designed for LSR racing. If a slew rate rev limiter is under the cost of the
tires what is the economic reason to not run one or a similar system that will
accomplish the same service? We have no show to put on so I can not see the need
to make sure all the cars run at exactly the same speeds ala Nascar,cart and
others..
As far as the EFI taking longer on the dyno that is a myth created by people
that either don't know what they are doing or just want to make it more
expensive than it needs to be. Generally it takes one day same as any other
engine. the difference is you don't have to change a cam to make the injection
happy. You change the injection to make the cam happy..
Dave