[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Tool Box Protection( VCI Paper )

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <>,
Subject: Re: Tool Box Protection( VCI Paper )
From: "Bill Bennett" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:04:10 -0400
The company I work for ships machined and highly polished parts all over the
world and they are package with what's called "VCI Paper". I have used this
to line the drawers of my tool box and never had a problem. We also receive
machines in that are packaged in large crates. Usually the inside of these
crates are scattered with large bags of Silica Desiccant. We usually just
toss them away. Might be good to place something like in the bottom of the

-- Original Message ----- 
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <>
To: "'Russel Mack'" <>; "'Phillip Landry'"
<>; <>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 5:21 PM
Subject: RE: Tool Box Protection

> Russ;
> Back when I learned about that trick, they were available at any corner
> drugstore. You might check with a pharmacist that's over 50 years
> He might remember what it was and where to get it :)
> The military used a paper wrapping that did the same thing, it was called
> VPI-- Vapor Phase Inhibitor. Maybe a websearch on camphor or VPI might
> up a mail-order source.
> Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ

///  unsubscribe/change address requests to  or try
///  Archives at

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>