RE: Tool Box Protection( VCI Paper )

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: RE: Tool Box Protection( VCI Paper )
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 02:35:04 -0500
Bill, Neil:
I often work on "fixed" equipment that has cathodic protection (in the
petrochemical industry), and I have wished for such a system for mobile
equipment (especially our salt racers).  I haven't had much hope for that
possibility, since to function above ground (or water) such a system would
seemingly have to defy the laws of physics (electrochemistry).

However, I won't condemn it out of hand, since I would love to have such a
miricle device, myself.

I write "operating discipline" for plant equipment, including cathodic
protection systems.  If you get one (or find someone who has one) I can
probably devise an effective test to determine how well it is doing the
intended job.  Weighing the sacrificial anode(s) at time intervals would
seem an obvious approach.
Russ, #1226B