Re: rws

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: rws
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:58:13 -0500
partly this discussion is just an exercise in bench racing, partly its'
because the powers that be have restricted the Streamliner class lately,
re: no RWS, no Traction control, partly because a few of us are
inquisitive...and partly because somebody did try to use it, and maybe
somebody else still wants to try...the Streamliner class rules begins by
stating it is for unlimited innovation, this is innovation, maybe not
what >you< would want to try, but it still is innovative.....

At 11:39 AM 10/3/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>List; I'm with Keith here. I have not jumped in here since I don't much
>care, but I have been wondering what the advantage of RWS is. I don't see
>it.  RF

           John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
            Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                  Bonneville Salt Flats
           H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                  144.396 MPH set 2000
       MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                     95.193 MPH set 2001
                 Antarctic Ice Driller Oct02-Jan03