Re: Thrust

To: gmc6power@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thrust
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:32:40 -0600
James,

I like your philosophy.
Unfortunately, sponsors are a no go.
I talked with Suzuki and they said they only invest in their factory racers
(for the most part). Most others have said there is not enough interest
(outside of those participating) in landspeed racing to warrant investing
marketing dollars. That is evidenced by the lack of any media coverage at
the events.
As I learned watching during Speed Week, it's a lot more fun to run than it
is to observe.
I have decided it is worth spending some of my own dollars to experience the
feeling I felt when my sons almost tackled me at the end of the course and
told me I just exceeded the record.
Now they want to get bikes.
What kind of example am I setting???

Jim