RE: Thrust

To: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>,
Subject: RE: Thrust
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:47:14 -0600
A Nike-Ajax was essentially the same size payload as a Hercules but with a
single liquid fuel (alcohol) booster.  A Nike-Hercules had 4 solid-fuel
boosters in a cluster.  I worked on them from 66 to 71 in Uncle Sam's
"green machine".  There were some warhead differences, but I dunno if
that's still classified info or not.

I'll take a moment to introduce myself.  I'm Ray Buck.  I live in a suburb
of Salt Lake City (Taylorsville) and have recently come down with a BAD
case of Salt Flat Fever.  I was at Bonneville for Speed Week (last day, saw
Trisha Kisner's 325 run) and back again for WOS (one day only, loved it)
and I'll be at the World Finals for the whole event.

I don't have a car ready to run yet, but plan to run my 85 Monte Carlo SS
next year...and for the foreseeable future after that.  I just sold 3 of my
cars and bought my wife a Blazer to use as a daily driver and tow vehicle.

I hope to use this WF event as a learning experience and find out all  can
about tech inspections, the organization of the meet SCTA and USFRA if
possible.

Btw, I'm 56, a computer programmer and I've been workin on hot rod Chevys
for a long time.  My websites are:
http://www.chevyasylum.com and
http://www.chevywest.org

I hope to meet some folks from this list out there on the salt,

Ray