RE: Thrust

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Thrust
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:55:10 -0600
At 02:27 PM 10/13/2003 -0500, Russel Mack wrote:
>Ray:
>welcome!  We have a lot of fun out there.

Thank you for the welcome.

>I made my record "back-up" run on the day you were at SpeedWeek-- 3rd
>vehicle off (I think) in the morning-- a yellow & black Suzuki GSX-R.  (I
>wasn't quite as fast as Ms. Kisner in "Grumpy Old Men" lakester, however--
>LoL!)

I think I got there just after you had run.  I got a bit of a late start
that morning and drove out from Salt Lake...didn't quite make the
beginnings of return runs.

>We all (this list) get together at "Salt Talks"-- a meeting at "the Bend
>in the Road" (where a lot of folks camp) each SpeedWeek.  I'll look
>forward to meeting you.  Good luck getting a car ready.

I know where "the bend" is.  I'll do my best to hook up with folks.

>Lots of Chevy expertise on this list.  Also, make a point to introduce
>yourself to Gary Allen at WF, if you can find him.

I'll do that.

>Lives up near Park City and has a strong record with his blown sbc Monza;
>knows lots about the stuff you'll want to know, and is president (still, I
>think--??) of USFRA.  Gary's Monza is red  (don't remember the number),
>and his tow vehicle is one of those tall, converted bread delivery vans, white.

I thought I had a pic of his car, but I can't seem to find it.  Could the
number possibly be 126?

>Russ, #1226B

Congrats on record run.

Ray