Re: Thrust

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Thrust
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:46:19 -0700
I'll second that Neil.

I worked on the Atlas F project and learned (from the Rocketdyne folks)
 that you must load LOX
slowly and very, very carefully. The Atlas Project had almost unlimited
funding (cost plus) and still
every one that I know about that they tried to fire quickly, less that
30 min countdown, blew up.
If you take at least 72 hrs for the countdown the reliability goes up to
about 90% . Talk about
waiting in line!!!
I'd love to be at the starting line during a rocket car run but I don't
think the BLM would
approve my blockhouse.

Bryan