RE: Radiator or Tank

To: "'Dave Dahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: Radiator or Tank
From: "Arne Hulstein" <Arne.Hulstein@digitaldreamers.info>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:58:39 -0700
Just a question for the cool guys.

Why would you want to run a radiator in a tank as opposed to running a
water to air radiator? I have to admit that I am not a Bonneville
veteran (introduction post will follow soon), but I can not imagine that
routing the air would be such a problem. And water to air cools
considerably better than water to water. Especially if the water is
contained in a tank which is not cooled much at all by anything. That
would mean that the heat would take a long time to get out. If you are
trying to set a record on a frozen lake I could see the point as the
engine would be cooled too much, but at Bonneville I understand that
temps are quite resonable (unless that wind gets going).

I would probably go for an air to water radiator, but I am biased having
worked on cooling systems on cars and trucks for about five years in a
past job.

Arne