missing records

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: missing records
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:33:06 -0700
I believe that I learned (from this list) that not 'all' the existing
records are listed in the rule book.  An email to Dan may be in order.
[dwarner@electrorent.com]  He can confirm that a specific Frame/Engine/
Fuel/etc. class is indeed 'open', or if there is an unpublished (as far
as the rulebook goes) established record.  This applies to Bonneville.

Also - any new record set in an open class of over 200MPH does not
automatically qualify for the 200MPH Club.  The 200MPH club has
minimums that need to be exceeded.

El Mirage, I understand, has minimums for all classes.  (Is this
correct?)  They don't publish all the 'open minimums' in the rule book.

Paragraphs 1 & 3 are true in that our database is not accurately reflected in
this year's rulebook. I believe that we now have the database up to date and I
expect that we will not see any 'missing' or wrong records in 2004.

Paragraph 2 is also true in that the Bonneville 200 MPH club is not affiliated
with SCTA-BNI and have a set of minimums which are used to determine
membership requirements. If you have a question about the Bonneville 200 MPH
club you should contact them directly.

Dan Warner