Re: Missing Records

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Missing Records
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:40:51 -0400
No, that is not correct.  There are records that have been set that are
not listed in the rule book.  For instance, last year Nancy ran 102 in
M/PS/G 250, thinking that there was no record in that class.  She made
a backup run at the speed, and only when showing up in Impound for the
second time did someone reach for the "official" record book and show
us that there was indeed a record in that class -- it just wasn't
listed in the rulebooki.  The record still sits there, the record speed
is still not listed in the rule book.

I've learned to ask the officials for a look at the "official" record
list before I assume that no listing means no record.

By the way, the unofficial story is that the record is/was held by a
racer that "has so many records that we thought we'd leave this one out
of the book."

Or something like that.

Jon