Re: cheap hats--who you know

To: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, <Flowbench@aol.com>
Subject: Re: cheap hats--who you know
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:13:04 -0600
Tom I took that message from you a couple of years ago....

I've been there when it was NO FUN... because there was to much emphisis on
achieving the record... and not enough on kicking back and enjoying the
trip...

Each of us who make the trek to Bonneville, El Mirage, or Maxton for that
matter pays a price...  for some it's just the cost of Gas from LA... or a
toss up over a steak dinner out with the wife or a Day on the dirt.... but
we all pay a price to race... we sacrifice something along the way to enjoy
the sport in whatever capacity we are there in... from Racer to spectator...
to volunteer....

Success is measured by our own goals and aspirations... that simple... if
the bench mark is the respect of your peers... it's a tall order... but
winning that can be done in virtually any capacity... that isn't about
money... and you don't have to be a Driver.... there are no Two Clubs for
the voluteer who step up to the plate and spend the time nessesary to give
us a place to race and an organizational stucture with which to race...  or
the Crew's that bust thier butt year after year giving the Shoe the
opportunity....  simply put... this isn't just about driving... it's about
the whole collective mess and all the folks associated...

I really liked what Glen and the boys did with the Bob Higbee award... and
that the Bonneville 200 club's man of the year has been Cris and Ed Shear...
I also like the Dry lakes hall of fame giving honors to car builders and
crews.... that's the way it oughta be...

Keith

Keith