Re: Traction Control

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:09:53 -0800 (PST)
Joe:

I guess you would have to run that by your tech
committee for their opinions. IMHO, what you describe
is primarily how a closed loop FI system works without
feedback to engine rpm (and I may be wrong about that
feature. It may very well affect rpm under certain
conditions). By the way, I'm not trying in the
direction of ill-legitimize clever. My comments on
electronic TC and how it can be seriously limited
began with a discussion of wheel rpm sensors. I am
enough of a realist to know that 100% policing and
detection can not happen. But if the club decides to
do something about it, making wheel sensors illegal
goes a long way toward accomplishing the task. Let's
face it, there must be a few competitors that have
found ways around other rules in the book without
detection. That doesnt make those rules any less
valid. So, if electronic TC is to be regulated, my
vote goes to removing wheel sensors. Hey, this affects
me too! I plan on using them for other data
acquisition. However, if there use is against the
rules...

John Goodman