Re: Propster

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Propster
From: "Tim Bryant" <timbryant44@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:58:46 -0800
My personal feelings are what are you trying to prove by using a prop? To go
fast? Of course, what about showing that it can be done? Its not all that
much of an achievement if you are not doing it putting the power through the
wheels.  Of course people are arguing about innovation and all that.  I
believe the rules are to have a class there has to be a demand for that
class.  If he wants a record, seems like he's gonna need a few more buddies
with Propsters.  I think it would be interesting to see it run, but to me,
its a little bit like watching a plane fly down the runway at takeoff, not
too interesting, doesnt have to worry about traction, or breaking loose and
spinning.  Also I read something about top speeds of cars not increasing.
It may just be that the technology needed to push cars this far hasnt really
been developed, considering how many cars actually go this fast, and need to
worry about traction.  Getting planes through the air more efficiently is a
place where a lot of tech goes because of the $$$ that can be made there,
making 500 mph cars, not too much money coming from it.  Eh, Interesting
idea, just dont see what it accomplishes.
Tim