Re: Propster

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Propster
From: "Tim Bryant" <timbryant44@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:14:02 -0800
I do see what you are saying.  I went and read the posts on landracing.  I
learned in a public speaking class about arguing, (being persuasive).  One
main thing is to know the people you are arguing against, or trying to
persuade.  When the people are hostile (It seems in most cases online this
is the case) you basically have to understand the fact you wont sway their
thinking.  I know most everyone knows this.  But its something a lot of
people choose not to pay attention to.  That said, it seems like Franklin is
arguing against people who will not be swayed.  Sort of like some stuff I
have been through in the past, trying to hang out with kids who didn't want
to hang out with me.  You just have to find another way to do it.  I know
this isnt always practically with LSR, considering the limited places we
have to race.  But also from what i have read is that USFRA may let him do
it.  (I did the barstool thing this year as well)  I would like to see it
run, I think it would be interesting, but if we didnt have records to break,
I think we would all still be racing, it just gives us a goal to shoot for.
Wow, Look how much Ive written, I dont mean to anger anyone, I am the new
comer here as a lot of you have been racing longer than I have been alive.
Man, I didnt realize I ramble so much...................Somebody should do
something about me..
Tim