RE: Stepped Headers

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <lsr128@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Stepped Headers
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 13:23:24 -0500
I have never bought into the back pressure theory making things better. I
will buy into having too much exhaust cam though or the wrong lobe
separation for the cylinder head. It is the reason many new cars have
variable cam timing as standard equiptment.
I do believe though that when talking about torque whoever has the greatest
area under the curve in the rpm range that the gearbox is set up for, has
the fastest car.
Dave