Re: new guys

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new guys
From: john@theromeros.org
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:06:17 -0800
Good point Dave.

We already run anti-lag on our turbo drag car and we retard the timing almost
40 degrees and pour the fuel on as soon as we stage. The anti-lag timing is
around 20 ATDC (thats AFTER top dead center!) and we are able to build 25-28
psi of boost in less than 1 second after going WOT. That's on a 3.5L twin
turbo V6 running alky. The EGT's sensors show increases of over 500C in that
same time and I know that the sensors have their own inherent lag. I will be
running/logging EGT's in each cylinder of the LSR engine and will be paying
very close attention, as you can imagine.

One good thing about running such high RPM's is that the timing can actually
remain quite advanced, even if it's retarded 6 degrees or so.

Thanks for the advice,

John Romero
Thousand Oaks, CA