Re: new guys

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new guys
From: john@theromeros.org
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:57:00 -0800
Funny, everybody else told me nitrous was totally safe and reliable...hey...wait
a second...the only person who said that was my piston guy!!!

Actually, Nitrous scares the bejesus out of me. I'm gonna wimp out and only use
a 50 shot the first few times just to keep the explosion small. You got to keep
in mind that it's only a 225 hp motor without it so assuming I get a reasonable
tune on it, I should be fine (famous last words). The short block is totally
overbuilt and good for about 450hp so If I don't melt it, i'm good to go. Even
after (if) I get it under control, I'm not gonna use more than a 100 shot.
Unless I have to, in which I'll stuff in the largest jets I got.

I think this thing should go really well on the salt, but I've never been there
so what do I know? I'll find out come this August.

John Romero
Thousand Oaks, CA