Re: Bumps, Suspension, Etc.

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <joyseydevil@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Bumps, Suspension, Etc.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:49:39 -0500
here's the interesting part.  All of this is just educated guess's... what
you feel by the seat of your pants...  Most of them are valid... but still
maybe's because very few of us have actually compared one to the other in
the same car.... Solid Vs Suspension...

I have... drove the car last year and this year.... Trust me on one thing
here... I know what I felt in my butt... and I know it correlates to what
the car did in reality and that in turn comfirms my suspicions that
Suspension works at Bonneville on Smooth course's...  ...

Here is what I know happened... the car handled flawlessly.... no matter
"why" it did ... the bottom line is that it did... there is a possibility
that it's from added downforce ( body angle of attack increased ) or the
fact that it weighed another 200lbs.... bottom line is the suspension was
always moving.... sometimes a little bit sometimes a pretty good bit... but
it was always moving... reacting...

Last year with solid suspension in the rear it was always hunting and
seeking a line down the salt... not much, but the movement was standard with
low G acceleration situations like Dave puts us into...  the car always felt
a bit like it was floating...  that's all gone... the car is solid as a rock
and the suspension moves now... just like a real race car....

Keep in mind this is only my opinion and like all things your mileage may
vary... as this only concerns my car in it's current state of repair.

Keith
I've got a lot to learn from our data that isn't there yet... but it's
coming and as I learn it we'll be sure to share it...