Re: Bumps, Suspension, Etc.

To: "John Goodman" <ggl205@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bumps, Suspension, Etc.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:14:44 -0500
We did increase the back springs for speedweek to 800's from 400's..... the
nose seemed to be okay at Maxton... but with the next 50mph we had evidence
of compression on the nose that was uncomfortable...

So its the fronts that we are changing to 600's...  Raising the nose further
does increase the airflow under the car and I suspect that a diffuser under
the car would be interesting...along with side skirts... not a lot of time
to study what that will do for the WOS,  we are going with the same drive
train and just raising the nose 1" and leaving the back where it was....

I tried to evaluate some pictures from last year and this year and it does
seem that the nose was substantially lower this year over last....  So I'm
very comfortable with what we are doing...

Keith