Re: Traction Control and Bench Racing..

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Traction Control and Bench Racing..
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:02:27 -0500
At 01:49 PM 11/19/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Not only that, but if someone sets off a nuclear EMP burst overhead the
>slide rule will keep on working even when all the electronic calculators and
>TC circuits are wiped out!
>
>lance

  Had a senior mech engineer at work, that took his slide rule and put it in a
picture
frame with this sign on it. hung it over his desk..

 "In the event of power failure, break glass"

 Heck I still have my slide rule (straight & circular) in a file cabinet in the
attic, makes for a good conversation piece, if nothing else..
but then, I am a packrat...   :-)