RE: What's in your crankcase?

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: What's in your crankcase?
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:19:25 -0800
 I tried to send a reminder/offer last week on this thread, it went
something like this...........If you go see my website you will find a
couple of products that all salt/lakes racers should be using with their
favorite oil.
Engine Racing Concentrate and Trans cool are the two main products that
will triple the film strength of any oil that you choose.
Film strength is the "load carrying" capability of the oil and is what
keeps your engine together unless you start breaking stuff like rod bolts
and things like that. Fossil oils are fine and synthetic oils are better
(about 10%) in the "strength" category. So by tripling the "film strength"
you have a better chance by three times of getting back home with nearly no
wear on your bearings, skirts, guides and all the other stuff that you take
so much time worrying about getting lubricated. And spend so much money
acquiring.
It doesn't matter what weight oil you are running..and oil pressure can be
reduced far below the 10 lbs per 1000 RPM (rule) that makes little sense
when the strength is tripled. I have for years offered this to salt/lakes
racers at my cost........
It's not Snake Oil guys (and gals).
If you are having wear problems.....call me.....collect even.....800-697-5896
It's up to you........
Skip