RE: What's in your crankcase?

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: What's in your crankcase?
From: "James Tone" <James.Tone@AES.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:39:22 -0800
Neil,
I have been using a System One cleanable filer for years. I started
buying them at swap meets, very reasonable I think I have 6 now. Gives
me a chance to look at the screens between passes; 2 or 3 screens are
available. Some just keep out the "big chunks". My concern is the ball
check bypass which I clean every time but wonder how much is being
bypassed especially with the pressures we seem to think we need.

I'm going to an external pump with my new engine and I will keep the
pressure down from typical settings. My stock internal pump gave me 45
pounds at 5700 rpm and I never had any bearing problems in the past.

The nitro motor had 80 at the 5 mile with a big Barnes pump and a
redesigned oil pan. Prior to the pan change we were lucky to have 40 at
the 3; thanks to a great driver we never had bearing problems.  I still
worry about that bypass in our "full flow" systems. J.D.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under law. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any
use, copying or distribution of this e-Mail, in whole or in part, is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-Mail and delete this e-Mail
from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously stated in the subject
matter of the above e-Mail, this e-Mail does not constitute a contract offer, a
contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-Mail does not
constitute consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct
marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.