RE: What's in your crankcase?

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, "Stephen F. Doherty"
Subject: RE: What's in your crankcase?
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:53:11 -0600
Bill;

Bob Peckham's McLaren Can-Am car had a similar dry-sump setup with an
electrical heater. We used Valvoline
Racing(non-synthetic) 20w-50, too, but that was because the Valvoline
reps were always there giving away cases of oil to racers. (Need more
oil? How about for your tow truck?.....)

By starting the engine with warm oil, everything came up to temperature
quicker and the oil was already at its operating viscosity. Without a
pre- heater it would take a few laps to get that big tank of oil up to
temperature.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ