Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: Nt788@aol.com, land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:56:14 EST
In a message dated 12/21/2004 11:54:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Nt788@aol.com writes:

I once suggested the tanks be made of
cardboard, and let 20 guys  run with it, that way 19 expensive missiles could
go
right  through

I drove an Armored Personnel Carrier, APC 113 in the Army, Germany,  1966-67.
They were made of lead-soft cast aluminum by, are ya ready?  American Can
Co..... The logic was, like Jack said, that large rounds would  pass right
through. At least that's the way the Motor pool Top  Sarge explained it to us.
It
was soooo soft, you could stick a  Ax into it and leave it there. By personal
experience I know they melted  real easy, too.

"religion, politics, and lubrication"
I can't let this one slide anymore. I've been called sacrilegious,
politically apathetic, but never without lubrication in one form or  amother.
Bob, good Aero is good lubrication, W
........and spelchek is an opinion, Sigmund.