Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:47:28 -0800
Jack, did they shoot wood bullets at your wood tank? As to weld prep, for butt
welds, need to be "v" out to something like a rod diameter at the bottom of
the weld? Then make multiple passes to refill the plates? Been a long time
since I welded anything like that though. Was your Bradlet miged with a person
or automatic welding? Just curious.

We welded the International Space Station habitable volumes together using a
process called VPPAW or Variable Pulse Plasma Arc Welding. Really pretty
welds, cost like a sum gun though...

mayf