RE: cloned City of Burbank streamliner

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: cloned City of Burbank streamliner
From: "James Tone" <James.Tone@AES.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:17:16 -0800
Don't know what the real answer will be but when a bozo started selling
blank SCTA Timing tags we stopped by a letter to E-Bay because we HAD
trade marked and registered the logo. E-bay took care of it because if
they allowed it they would become responsible and since they were the
deep pocket and did not want to be sued by the SCTA took the guy off.
They have people watching the ads to cover where the known problems are.
The jerk then sent viruses to a few of us which we are still fighting.

Most of what a few of us follow is never known to the association, but
we should all always lookout for everyone involved like Ugo. If you like
what we stand for be responsible.  We should all protect our past as
well as our future. I am continuously contacted for info about different
competitors and Speed Weeks; I am very careful what I give out
especially if I feel someone is trying to make a personal profit.

There is nothing stopping former customer from buy one of HIS cars and
trying to sell it for a profit. Like all of you who want to sell a
timing tag/trophy we've made for you; it's yours to do with as you
wish.....

Every time I see some one bid on a SCTA decal I e-mail them off E-Bay
and tell them where to buy them from us cheaper; never do it on E-bay or
YOU will be the one in trouble.

Good Luck Ugo

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under law. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any
use, copying or distribution of this e-Mail, in whole or in part, is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-Mail and delete this e-Mail
from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously stated in the subject
matter of the above e-Mail, this e-Mail does not constitute a contract offer, a
contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-Mail does not
constitute consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct
marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.