Re: OT cost of gas rant

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT cost of gas rant
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
I used to feel very negative towards big trucks.  Ten years ago I worked the
scales for a while.  During a cup of coffee one night, when I expressed my
feelings, the driver said: "Name three things you use in your home or job that
didn't use a truck to get there."  I started listing things, and he managed to
show how every one that I listed was either shipped by truck, or wouldn't have
grown, or been manufactured without the help of a truck.

I still hate driving behind one, but I have a different outlook towards them
now.

Dick J
In East Texas