Re: OT cost of gas rant

To: jthorn65@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: OT cost of gas rant
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:43:12 -0400
On Tuesday, September 6, 2005, at 12:58 PM, jthorn65@sbcglobal.net
wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2005 at 8:57, Bryan Savage wrote:
>
>> According to a friend of mine (a retired traffic collision
>> reconstructionist),
>> the average driver at 65 mph is using about 95% of their skill, at
>> 75, 100%.
>> The safest way to treat the other driver is to keep your expectations
>> low.
>>
>> Bryan
>

> Huh? You think the average Joe driving down the highway is operating
> at over 9/10ths? Most people are
> barely paying attention to their driving. How could they drive at
> 9/10ths and barely pay attention at the
> same time? They jabber on cell phones, read books, apply makeup, and
> seem to do everything except what
> they are supposed to be doing. Concentrating on their driving and the
> traffic around them. More likely they
> are only using 5% of their skill and that's the real problem.
>
> John T.

Maybe he was correct -- they're using 95% of their skills.  But their
skills are so limited that their 95% equals only about 5% of what a
good driver should be.

Do you use your turns signal each time?  Do you do this, do you do that
--------

Wait a minute -- this isn't the flame-the-common-driver mailing list,
is it?  Sorry -- I'l go over there to finish my comments!

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)