Re: Dry Sump Musings

To: "Adin, David" <DavidAdin@mercydurango.org>,
Subject: Re: Dry Sump Musings
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:28:57 -0700
David,

I think a windage tray should help. I don't know.

I don't think a gage would be useful.
An automotive oil pressure gage can't show rapid changes in oil pressure.
A water pressure gage will show it but the needle move so fast it's hard to
see. The driver would need to study the gage to be able to see it early.

In my opinion, the average pressure of the oil/air won't won't drop low enough.

I would use REAL synthetic racing oil. It has much higher levels of Zinc and
phosphorus EP additives. The EP additives are a key factor.

Remember, the above are my opinions,
Bryan