Re: Dry Sump Musings

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Dry Sump Musings
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:49:07 -0700
John,

Many things that work well on a 1/4 mile, shouldn't be used at Bonneville.
Two examples:

Aluminum rods.
The oil used in Pro Stock engines. It's a single grade 0W oil. not 0W-30, just
0W.

Over the years I've spent a lot of time walking the course, with the gang,
picking
parts from what was a perfectly good 1/4 mile motor. In my opinion, a good place
to start building a Bonneville motor is, as Dave said, endurance racing. I would
also include off shore boat racing and NASCAR 500 mile engines.

OBTW ...  I've been talking about long course applications only. I have no
experience
with short course motors.

Bryan