Re: E85, more questions

To: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: E85, more questions
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:00:22 -0600
No worries for Dan.  They are finished at the end of the quarter on two
banks and additional banks still don't make it to the 2 mile trap under
power.  VERY big problems that are not practical when you add
additional banks.  They have made some exhaustive studies of the
possibilities.

The professors in charge of the project at BYU are very proud of the
student who came up with the inspiration to run with capacitors.  It's
hands off for them on much of the enterprise because they want it to be
a student project.  They nudge them in a direction when they have
problems.  With the original motor/controller their projections were
about the same speeds in the quarter as an MG TD sports car.  With the
capacitors they are over 90 mph in the quarter.  I'd have to make some
calls to find out how they did at Las Vegas last month but they were
excited about their progress since last year.

If they could find tires/wheels, the under .20 cd on the EV1 makes it
an extremely attractive body for land speed racing.  Too bad GM crushed
all but the 40 or so that still exist.  Now that would cause Dan
problems ... or someone running in the same class who would be
protesting the car.  Can you imagine an EV1 body with one of Rick
Yacoucci's 600 plus hp turbo motors? SWEET!

Wes