Re: E85, more questions

To: Rich Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>, Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: E85, more questions
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:51:13 -0700 (PDT)
I understand that deisel locomotives are actually hybrid electric.  the diesel
engines only run a generator which runs an electric motor which, in turn,
powers the locomotive.  Maybe some new breakthrough in that technology?  Maybe
something like running a high speed, efficient internal combustion engine for a
minute or two to charge some sort of capaciter instead of a battery, and then
shut off that motor and run on the electricity for an hour or so.  I'm sure
there are still some fantastic breakthroughs on the horizon.  I mean, look
where computers were in 1976 ! ! !
  Dick J

Rich Fox <v4gr@rcn.com> wrote:
  I don't rremember the name of the thing. But my point is that what ever we
use it needs to be transportable in the same way that gasoline is. Electric
cars are great, but it's ackward to fill up on the way to El Mirage. It
almost has to be some licquid, maybe gas, so that you can refill and be
gone. There are many potential means to generate electricty.
The hard part may be making it something you can carry around with you.