Hans Device

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Hans Device
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net> wrote:.. ... The strap that holds a HANS
device to the helmet snaps in place on the few I have seen. I wonder how that
connector, or better ones I have yet to see, holds up under such severe
stresses.

  Exactly what I'm saying, Wes.  Instead of that mickey mouse strap and snap
deal, why not make the shoulder assembly all one with the helmet.  LSR racers,
and for that matter drag racers, shouldn't be looking from side to side
anyways.  For NASCAR, sportscar and other racers who need to move their heads
around, rather than using the straps and snaps, the rear of the helmet could be
pivoted where it attaches to the shoulder assembly to allow the helmet to
rotate side to side a little bit.

  But those straps and snaps seem so jury rigged.

  DickJ
  In East Texas