Re: Speedweek Publicity (JCB)

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedweek Publicity (JCB)
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:30:00 -0700
J.D, Glen, volunteers, racers, et al:
I admit that we stopped too near the course on one of our troubled
runs and resulting delay caused others to wait and contributed to the
line moving more slowly. I know that Glen does not wait to call for
the next car as soon as the course is clear.
It appeared to me that the next racer in line frequently was not
ready to run when Glen called for him/her.
If the racer is the only one who can fix this, then do what we do
when approaching the start line:
suit up when 6 back, strap in when 3 or 4 back, start the engine when
the car in front of you leaves the line on his run, and go when the
starter says to. Then, of course get out of the way as soon as
possible on the other end. If this were done consistently by the
racers and demanded by the starting line staff, things would move
faster and the lines/wait between runs would be shorter in my opinion.
There were no folks (most of the time) bugging the racers to get
ready to run the long course and it only takes one or two racers that
are not ready to mess the whole thing up and delay all others.

I don't know what I can do to help...other than what I have already
said ....but I'm willing.
Skip