Re: Speedweek Publicity (JCB)

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, motorgrafx@fuse.net
Subject: Re: Speedweek Publicity (JCB)
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:39:59 -0600
At 04:02 PM 08/25/2006, James Tone wrote:

>We would all like to see 2 minutes on the short course and 3 on the
>long....but co-operation of the racers and everyone else would need
>to prevail...Especially the celebrations when a person goes fast or
>qualifies and doesn't get off the course.....Wainting for a
>"special" push vehicle or trailer to come 7 miles at 55,....you get
>the picture....

One thing I heard over and over again on the CB was complaints and
warnings about racers on the long course who continued at relatively
low speed for the entire length of the course rather than turning
out.  Most racers seemed to be real good about this if they had
problems, but more cooperation in this area would really go a log way
toward increasing the number of runs per hour/day.

As an aside, I've been working on getting my pics from SW on my
server (between daily stuff and thrashing to get my Model A pit rat
wired up so I can take it to WoS...just made my motel reservations at
Day's Inn...$197 for 4 nites...not rock bottom cheap, but better than
some other places.)  I've got the first 4 days pics on the server and
I'm almost ready with the next day...they're at:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2006/sw/Welcome.html

And once again, it was really, really great to meet some new friends
from this list at SW as well as meeting old friends, too.

Ray the rat