Re: MGs To Be Built in China ? What's NEXT ???

To: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: MGs To Be Built in China ? What's NEXT ???
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:49:16 -0400
On Monday, October 2, 2006, at 05:38  PM, Bryan Savage wrote:

> Think about it.
>
> 1,200,000,000 people. That's how many times our population?
>
> Bryan

Four times.  I heard just yesterday that the "official" US population
has now surpassed 300 million.  On the other hand, Nancy and I have
just bought the parcel of land adjoining our present site -- so now
there are two of us and two cats on 60 acres.  That comes out to
(about) 21 inhabitants per square mile, and that's just about the
actual density around us.

Let's see, in Tokyo there's something like 34,532 people per square
mile, and in one area of Beijing, 99,205 people are crammed into a
square mile.

Nope, I think I'll stay in Michigan's UP.  We've got 1/3 of the state's
land area and about 3% of the population.  We tell tourists:  "Come
visit, spend your money, then go home!"

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan