Re: MGs To Be Built in China ? What's NEXT ???

To: b.a.savage@wildblue.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGs To Be Built in China ? What's NEXT ???
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 17:24:07 EDT
What's next ???  There is a  recent book called "China Rising" that can give
all of us a preview of  things to come ....... Let's just say that the world
our children and  grandchildren will live and work in will be quite different
than the one we have  known and enjoyed so very much.  Among the many other
things that China now  consumes in huge quantities is concrete, and I've read
and
heard that they are  now using over one half of all the concrete produced in
the entire  world.  One of their huge motorcycle factories runs 24 hours a
day/year round, and their annual production is more than all of the
Harley-Davidson assembly plants combined produce in a ten year period.  The
turbine room
in the gigantic new Three Gorges Dam being built on the Yangtze  river is a
half a mile long, and each of the 18 turbine/ generator sets cost  over 150
million dollars.  Oil and steel are being used in immense  quantities that
either
rival the figures of this country, or soon will.

  ~  Nothing is Certain But Change   ~    Let's hope it is for the overall
benefit of most, if not all of us, on this Big  Blue Marble ....... and to
those
here on this lsr list :   DO what  car-building and racing you can NOW, WHILE
you still CAN ...............
                            ~   BDF     ~
  TAKE TIME FOR OTHERS  ---  FOR THINGS CAN CHANGE SO  QUICKLY